Monday, May 24, 2010

Tattoo and Body Piercing

I would like to share with you a personal story of mine with the hopes that it will prevent you from making the same mistakes that I have.

When I was seventeen years old I wanted my first tattoo. My parents would not approve of me getting one. So I had to find someone that would tattoo a minor without parental consent and who would do it cheap. It didn't take very long. I met a really nice guy who said that he did tattoos at his house. He said that he would do the tattoo for $45. Sold!

The next week there I was in his living room as he finished setting up his machine. Which was made with an infant tooth brush, a ball point pen, a motor out of a cheap remote control toy car, a paper clip, a sewing needle, and a nine volt battery. I was intrigued. What an awesome piece of machinery. No I'm not being sarcastic. I really was impressed with the whole set up. I paid attention to how he made this machine, because I fully intended on making my own machine just like that. I got the tattoo on my chest and cheese and crackers did that hurt. He did the entire tattoo with a single point, dull ass sewing needle. I mean everything, even the shading.

I had a new love in my heart and a new tattoo. I thought the tattoo looked good, and I suppose it did if you compare it to the one I soon gave my girlfriend which was supposed to look like a butterfly but looked more like I snorted the tattoo ink then blew my nose on her.

I also thought that I could do body piercings. I did my best to make forceps with paper clips and anything else that I could bend into something resembling a triangle. Needless to say I rarely even got the needle through the person not to mention I never could follow the needle through with jewelry.

Luckily I've never been a part of spreading Hepatitis or HIV, I do mean luck too because the only reason I didn't is because I never came in contact with anyone who had them. The ball point pen that acted as my tip and tube was never changed between tattoos. I thank God every day that my ignorance didn't cause anyone to loose their life. I still, of course, have the tattoo that I got for $45. I refuse to cover it, it serves as a reminder to me to always research everything I want to do in life and never to rush into anything. It also swells up every time it's going to rain so it serves as a nice forecaster.

Nearly twelve years have gone by and I still love tattoos and body piercings to this day. I don't work in a tattoo shop, and I have never been an apprentice anywhere. I do still do tattoos out of my house for friends. All of which do tattoos on me. We do it as a hobby and we do not charge money. We never tattoo anyone outside of our circle. We often have people ask us. We refer them to local professional shops. I have professional tattoo and body piercing supplies. Which includes an autoclave!!! I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on training videos, books, and e-books.

If you want to learn to do tattoos I strongly recommend that you do it by the book and go get an apprenticeship with someone with years of experience. If that is not an option for you, please do not jump in and start tattooing people. Read some books, watch some videos. Learn about blood born pathogens and sterilization. Practice on practice skins, not people

By Curtis Parham
 
automobile wallpaper